Saffronis known as the most expensive spice in the world and it is used to flavor and aromatize a variety of foods, desserts and drinks. In this article, we want to acquaint you with the side effects and harms of excessive saffron consumption.
It also has many healing properties that experts recommend this red spice to treat most diseases and physical and mental weaknesses. Saffron plant consists of two parts: stigma (red area) and cream (white area).
It is good to know that there are different types of saffron, such as: saffron, bunch or girl saffron, straw saffron, saffron, Negin saffron, and white or corner saffron.
This spice contains substances that stimulate the nerves, are joyful and anti-inflammatory; It can also be used as a sedative.
Apart from the numerous and unique properties, the harms of saffron are also debatable, and its excessive use will cause these side effects. In the following, we describe the side effects of high consumption of saffronand the dose of its consumption.
The causes of saffron consumption are: allergies to saffron, long-term and high consumption, how to store saffron, its combination with other spices and …. For this reason, it is necessary to know the dose of saffron.
Due to the strength of saffron, its consumption will be different depending on daily consumption, monthly consumption, etc., the standard dose of each serving is about 10 to 15 strands or about 0.1 grams.
If you want to consume it daily, you can also use 30 to 50 mg, but you must be careful that this amount is not in one meal and is divided during the day.
Also keep in mind that this is the dose of general saffron consumption and anyone can reduce or increase it depending on their knowledge of their body and as a precaution.
Now, if you do not want toconsume a lot of saffron, you can use an average of 3 grams of saffron per month.
Side effects of excessive consumption of saffron
The amount of saffronconsumption is such that in addition to having medicinal properties, it can cause allergies and excessive consumption side effects; So that by becoming a toxic substance, it will change your opinion about using it.
Side effects of saffron consumption include nausea and vomiting, dizziness, yellowing of the skin and eyes, nosebleeds, food poisoning, dry mouth, etc .; Therefore, those who have the following conditions are prohibited from using saffron. These conditions are:
- Those who suffer from obesity and overweight are forced to reduce their consumption of saffron.
- Pregnant mothers are in the first trimester of their pregnancy should not use saffron at all! Because during this period, the fetus is growing and forming, and due to the increase of some hormones that are caused by high consumption of saffron, the risk of abortion will threaten them.
- During the months of pregnancy, mothers can continue consuming saffron by consulting their doctor.
- The next category that is prohibited from consuming saffron are those who have a lot of sweating in the palm of their hand because the use of saffron will increase sweating in them.
- Also, the use of saffron for those who have hypotension, bipolar disorder and heart disorders can cause side effects of high consumption of saffron.
- Consumption of saffron is not prohibited for breastfeeding mothers, but since the fake saffron market is hot, they should be sure of its authenticity so that they do not pass the dangerous substances in fake saffron to their baby through breastfeeding and do not cause disease in infants.
Drug interaction in saffron consumption
Excessive consumptionof saffron will cause symptoms such as drowsiness, abdominal pain and cause anxiety and stress, so it is recommended that those who use hypnotic or antidepressant drugs to avoid excessive consumption of saffrondue to the interaction of drug interaction so as not to aggravate their side effects. .
It is interesting to know that high consumption of saffrondue to the same compounds and almost similar to blood pressure drugs can cause drug interactions, also those who use blood thinners or drugs to treat kidney disorders should be careful about consuming saffron .
Conclusionof side effects of saffron
As we mentioned, high consumption of saffron will cause problems such as drug interactions, side effects of high consumption and harmful to the body, which should be used in the prescribed doses.
But saffron consumption, in addition to having the harms mentioned, also has countless therapeutic properties that the same benefits (having medicinal properties, pleasant aroma and taste) has made saffron popular worldwide and as a result, this red gold is exported to different countries.
In the nextGolden Mart commercial articles, we will explain the healing properties of saffron. Follow the most interesting and latest news and business, trade and international training only inGolden Mart Business Group Magazine.